Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Elementary World Language Coordinator – Spanish (.35)
Start Date: 08/30/2017
Location: Wayland Elementary Schools
Working collaboratively with the elementary principals, the World Language Program Coordinator is responsible for planning the launch of the Spanish immersion language program and assisting immersion personnel in implementing and monitoring all aspects of the elementary Spanish immersion language program.
1. Plan and prepare instructional materials that are meaningful and related to learning goals and are aligned to the district’s curriculum;
2. Assist staff to adapt instruction to meet the needs of all students;
3. Identify and develop summative assessments of learning;
4. Support immersion teachers in the classrooms by providing resources, strategies, and activities;
5. Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, parents, and students;
6. Participate in developing and implementing the selection and enrollment process for the program;
7. Assist in determining the location and logistics of the program;
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Terms of employment are in accordance with the Agreement Between the Wayland School Committee and the Wayland Teachers’ Association, Inc.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, with evidence of above-average academic work in the academic area;
2. Massachusetts PreK-6 Spanish certification required;
3. Minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience;
4. Experience in program leadership preferred;
5. Knowledge and skills in working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
6. Highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively;
7. Ability to collect and analyze data in order to make recommendations for instructional programming;
8. Experience with diverse populations and commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
9. Demonstration of personal characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Contact Name: Brad Crozier
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please follow the link below to the Wayland website.