Category: Part Time;
Position Title: French instructor
Start Date: 09/01/2017
End Date: 06/30/2017
Location: North Andover, MA
Brooks School seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic and creative French Teacher for the 2017-2018 academic year. The ideal candidate should be able to teach all levels of French language. This part-time faculty position.
● Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching from a full immersion approach that includes reading, writing, speaking, listening, and culture
● Ability to use technology as a vehicle for learning gains
● Apply engaging and innovative student centered teaching practices
● Work collaboratively with the members of the department
● Self-directed with a strong work ethic
● Committed to school-wide initiatives, campus involvement, and the lives of our students outside of the classroom
● A sense of humor and patience and empathy for adolescents
● Excellent communication skills
● Teaching two-four sections of French, which may include introductory, advanced, and AP.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
● The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
● Innovative teaching practices and a focus on skills-centered learning
● Interest and practice of using technology for instruction
● Native or near native fluency in French
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department to enhance our curriculum
● Bachelor's degree required in French education, literature and/or culture; Master's degree preferred
● Minimum of 1-3 years of teaching experience in a 9-12 world language program (or applicable practicum experience)
● Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
● Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
● Strong writing skills
Contact Name: email@example.com
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com