The Resource section of our website provides important information related to state requirements around teaching a foreign language, as well as information to support teachers in developing quality curriculum and assessment, participating actively in teacher organizations, obtaining and renewing teaching certifications, and maintaining a high level of quality instruction.
Please see the following pages for your specific need:
- Standards – information about standards that MaFLA endorses for writing high quality curriculum
- DDMs – model assessments that can be used models for developing state-mandated District Determined Measures (DDMs) or other high quality foreign language assessments
- Evaluation – information about materials that can be used to support teacher self-evaluation, goal setting, and providing meaningful feedback in the foreign language classroom
- Certification – information about obtaining and maintaining foreign language teaching certification in Massachusetts
- Professional Organizations – links to a variety of state, regional, and national foreign language teaching organizations