Resources > Certification


All teachers employed in public schools in Massachusetts must hold a valid teaching license. To support world language teachers in obtaining and maintaining certification, please see the following pages for your specific need:

  • Initial Certification – for those planning to obtain a teaching license
  • Recertification – for those who already hold a license and need to maintain it
  • MTEL – for information on state tests needed in order to obtain certification or add additional certifications