Session Proposal Information
- Please provide a ten-word-or-fewer title, in English, for your Session.
- Description in English (excluding expressions and referencing works): can support the theme: Level up your Language Education. 50 words will serve as an overview to entice attendees to attend by describing the presentation’s focus and new insights it will provide. The Conference Team reserves the right to edit abstracts and/or titles for clarity.
- Please review the attached rubric to know how the Conference Committee will rate your session for selection.
- Sessions and workshops are organized in Strands to help people bundle their PDPs and follow sessions of the particular language or pedagogical topic of interest.
- Presentations should engage the audience through hands-on or interactive activities when possible.
- Presenters are encouraged to Level Up their presentation using helpful tips found here.
Requirements for Session Presenters
- Sessions will be one hour long. Plan on 5 minutes at the end for the session survey. Note that this is 15 minutes shorter than our 2018 sessions; we encourage narrow topics and great depth.
- Presenters must be willing to present on either day of the Conference: Friday or Saturday, October 25 and 26, 2019.
- Designate a main presenter with whom MaFLA will communicate information and who will inform the co-presenters. Session main presenters and co-presenters must be MaFLA members and must register for the Conference by September 10, 2019.
- Audio-Visual Needs: There will be a screen, an LCD projector, and Internet access in every room. Presenters should bring their own laptops and connecting cables. If room size dictates need for a microphone and sound system, one will be provided.
- Each presenter is responsible for uploading any handouts for session attendees to access either prior to the conference or immediately following.
- Deadline for submission of Session Proposals: April 20, 2019
- Exhibitor sessions submissions Deadline: June 10, 2019
If you have read and understand the directions on this form, click on the "AGREE" button below to be taken to the Application Form. If you are unsure or have questions please email the Conference Chair.