Requirements for Session Presenters
- All conference attendees including session presenters must be MaFLA members and must register for the Conference.
- Presenters must be willing to present on any of the days of the Conference. Sessions are offered on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27, 2018.
- A session with more than one presenter must designate a main presenter with whom MaFLA will communicate information and who will forward information to the co-presenters. Up to two additional presenters can be named.
- Sessions and workshops are organized in Strands to help people bundle their PDPs and follow sessions of the particular language or pedagogical topic of interest. Please indicate the Strand for which your session is appropriate.
- Audio-Visual Needs: There will be a screen, an LCD projector, and Internet access in every room. Presenters should bring their own laptops and connecting cables. If room size dictates need for a microphone and sound system, one will be provided.
- Bio: You will be asked to provide a short description of your professional background in 50 words or less.
- Please provide a ten-word-or-fewer title, in English, for your Session.
- Write a description, in English, that will serve as the abstract of your session or workshop (90 words). Please write your title and abstract in English even if you intend to present in the target language, though you can use pertinent expressions or book titles in the target language. The abstract should contain information about the topics and methods of delivery of your session or workshop. It should serve as an overview to entice attendees to attend your session or workshop. The Conference Team reserves the right to edit abstracts and/or titles for clarity.
- Presentations should engage the audience through hands-on or interactive activities when possible.
- Each presenter is responsible for uploading any handouts for session attendees to access either prior to the conference or immediately following. MaFLA will advise presenters in advance of the room capacity.
- Deadline for submission of Session Proposals: April 2, 2018
- Exhibitor sessions submissions Deadline: June 20, 2018
If you have read and understand the directions on this form, click on the "AGREE" button below to be taken to the Application Form. If you are unsure or have questions please email the Conference Chair for help.