Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Teacher
Start Date: 08/29/2018
Location: Claypit Hill Elementary School
Wayland Public Schools is looking for a teacher for our full-day Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Program who will provide a supportive and encouraging environment in which Spanish is learned naturally. All core subjects will be taught in Spanish.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree with at least 36 semester hours in Elementary Education;
2. Graduate training and/or degree in elementary education or a related area;
3. Appropriate Massachusetts licensure;
4. Experience at the early childhood or primary (K-2) level;
5. Fluent (native or near native proficiency) in Spanish;
6. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or apprentice in this discipline;
7. Experience with diverse populations and commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
8. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Wayland Public Schools may find appropriate.
Contact Name: Dr. Christie Harvey, Principal, Claypit Hill School
Contact email for questions: Christie_Harvey@wayland.k12.ma.us
Application Instructions: For more information and to apply, please go to www.wayland.k12.ma.us/employment..