Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish Language Teacher
Start Date: 08/28/2017
Location: Malden Catholic High School
Spanish Teaching Position
Malden Catholic High School seeks a candidate for a Spanish teaching position for the 20172018 school year. Master’s Degree in field and minimum 2 years’ teaching experience preferred.
Please provide cover letter, resume, (unofficial) college transcript, 2 letters of recommendation to Brother Thomas Puccio, C.F.X., Principal: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (Department Chair).
Mission: Malden Catholic High School, a private Catholic school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers, creates a community of faith that promotes the dignity of all through Gospel values and an environment that fosters the love of God, of self and of others. Dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, creative, social, and physical development of its students, Malden Catholic offers a college preparatory curriculum, sensitive to individual needs in a Catholic familial atmosphere.
Malden Catholic is located seven miles north of Boston and has an all-male enrollment of 540, Grades 9-12.
The Teacher: Models the Catholic values of the School; inspires, promotes and nurtures the secondary level education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and assessing academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; and keeping parents informed.
• Teaches for 5 periods and prefects 2 in our 8-Period day.
• Educates secondary level students by planning and developing course of study according to school curriculum guidelines.
• Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
• Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
• Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework.
• Maintains order in the classroom, as well as a safe, secure, and healthy educational environment, by enforcing regulations and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and behavior.
• Provides student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities (e.g., coaching, moderating).
• Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances school’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications: Willingness to support Catholic mission of the school; Content Area Competency and Excellence, Classroom Management Skills, Verbal Communication & Presentation Skills, Self-Motivation, Ability to Motivate Students, Flexibility.
Contact Name: Br. Thomas Puccio, CFX
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: Please provide cover letter, resume, (unofficial) college transcript, 2 letters of recommendation to Brother Thomas Puccio, C.F.X., Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com (Department Chair).