Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish Teacher
Start Date: 08/21/2018
End Date: 06/29/2019
Location: Wachusett Regional High School
Spanish teacher position at Wachusett Regional High School.
Teaching Spanish 1 for the next school year but may change in years after to different levels.
Qualifications: The Spanish Language Teacher shall possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. The Teacher shall hold a valid Massachusetts teaching certificate with endorsement(s) in teaching assignment area. The position is for high school Spanish.
The Foreign Language Teacher shall assist students to learn subject matter and develop skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens. In order to meet this responsibility, the Teacher shall:
1. Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students;
2. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students;
3. Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establish, in harmony with the goals, clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students;
4. Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives;
5. Assess the accomplishment of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as provided;
6. Diagnose the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required;
7. Counsel with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis;
8. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
9. Assist the administration in implementing District goals and policies related to the educational and operational needs of the District;
10. Attend staff or team meetings and serve on staff committees as required;
11. Maintain and improve professional competence; and
12. Perform any other related task or duty at the direction of the building principal or designee.
Contact Name: Lori Montiverdi
Contact email for questions: Lori_Montiverdi@wrsd.net
Application Instructions: Starting Monday, July 16, you will find the posting on Schoolspring.com. You must apply there. Please email with any questions. Thank you.