Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish Teacher – High School
Start Date: 09/01/2018
Location: St. John’s Preparatory School
72 Spring Street
978 774 1050
978 774 5767 fax
Spanish Teacher, High School Position
St. John’s Preparatory School in Danvers, MA, is a Catholic, all-boys, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School serving students in grades 6-12. We seek to hire a full-time Spanish teacher for the High School who will teach five sections of Spanish. The ideal candidate would be able to teach all levels of Spanish language, literature, and culture. We are particularly interested in candidates with demonstrated effectiveness in teaching from a full immersion approach that includes the ACTFL “5 Cs and 3 Modes” of language and culture learning while using technology as a vehicle for learning gains. All members of the faculty are expected to give witness to the mission of St. John’s, as well as to our inclusive, Catholic identity.
• Content Expertise: Has experience teaching Spanish language, literature, and culture with a global perspective in mind.
• Communication Skills: Communicates consistently and effectively with parents, students and colleagues.
• Inclusive Mindset: Commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, communication, and curricular decisions.
• Student-Centeredness: Must display a deep appreciation for student-centered, engaging and innovative teaching practices.
• Collegiality: Each teacher regularly collaborates with colleagues concerning best practice in an effort to meet the learning needs of all students.
• Value-Add Orientation: Must be a self-directed individual who is solution oriented, embraces challenges, and displays a thorough work ethic. Shows a commitment to school-wide initiatives, campus involvement, committee work, and professional development.
• Enthusiastic: A sense of humor, a balanced perspective, and enthusiasm for the daily experiences of school life.
• Collaboratively develop curricula and implement engaging lessons that incorporate a range of authentic learning approaches in the target language with varied content to both support and challenge diverse learners to reach their fullest potential.
• Value and excel at interdisciplinary learning through technology, and place a strong emphasis on holistic language learning through the three modes of communication in order to develop grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, and oral/aural skills.
• Thrive as a dual-purpose instructor – teaching academic content, but also focusing on the whole student to build enduring personal relationships and help them develop positive habits of mind and character.
Interested candidates are asked to visit www.stjohnsprep.org/careers for information about how to apply for this position.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com by February 9, 2018.
Posted January 2018
• A minimum of 1-3 years of teaching experience in a 9-12 world language program (or applicable practicum experience).
• A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Spanish education and/or Spanish language, literature, and culture.
• Native or near native fluency in Spanish is required.
Contact Name: Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please submit as indicated on school website. http://www.stjohnsprep.org/page.cfm?p=8245