Category: Full Time, Part Time;
Position Title: .2 Latin / .6 French / 1.0 Spanish (any combination)
Start Date: 08/26/2020
Location: Wayland Middle School
Wayland Middle School is seeking a dynamic addition to the World Languages Department who is able to instill a love of learning another language in each young student. As we expand our program to sixth grade, we will give preference to candidates who can teach at least two of the languages offered at Wayland Middle School. Candidates should have experience teaching the novice level and the desire to work in a proficiency-focused performance-based language department. Experience studying and/or traveling abroad is helpful, as well as knowledge of communicative and kinesthetic language instruction (such as Organic World Language), Standards-Based Grading, backward design, the World Readiness Standards, ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, Standards for Classical Language Learning, Operation Lapis. As we are a 1:1 school, candidates must be able to integrate appropriate technology to connect the students to the teacher, to one another and to the global community. Candidates will become active members of a Professional Learning Community with teachers of the same languages in the building.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree with at least 36 semester hours in the teaching area(s) required;
2. Massachusetts licensure (or evidence of pending licensure) in one or more languages listed above;
3. Preferred candidates will be able and licensed to teach two of the languages listed above;
4. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or
apprentice in this discipline;
5. Experience in a multi-cultural setting preferred;
6. Commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
7. The ability to demonstrate: superior knowledge of this field, effective pedagogical skills, excellent
communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the desire to maximize the learning potential of all children;
8. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position;
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Wayland Public Schools may find appropriate.
Language/Languages: Latin / French / Spanish / Chinese
Contact Name: Klara Sands
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: Please apply on SchoolSpring on the Wayland Public Schools website.