Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Elementary Special Education Teacher: Bilingual Preferred (Spanish)
Start Date: 08/28/2020
End Date: 06/16/2021
Location: Loker School, 47 Loker Street, Wayland, MA, 01778
This is a full-time special education position which will primarily support our three Spanish Immersion classrooms (current classrooms in kindergarten, first grade and second grade) The position involves providing direct academic instruction in Spanish to students in addition to conducting all special education testing in Spanish.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree with at least 36 semester hours in the teaching area required, Master’s preferred;
2. Degree (Major) in the teaching area, or a related field, preferred;
3. Massachusetts certification in Special Needs, Elementary, required;
4. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or apprentice in this discipline;
5. Experience chairing team meetings preferred;
6. Outstanding academic record and letters of recommendation;
7. Experience with diverse populations and commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
8. The ability to demonstrate: superior knowledge of this field, effective pedagogical skills, excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the desire to maximize the learning potential of all children;
9. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Contact Name: Brian Jones
Contact email for questions: Brian_Jones@wayland.k12.ma.us
Application Instructions: Feel free to reach out to Brian_Jones@wayland.k12.ma.us for more information.
You can also apply for the position through School Spring at the following link: https://www.schoolspring.com/jobs/job.cfm?jid=3307050&