Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Foreign Language (Spanish) Teacher
Start Date: 08/26/2019
Location: Hopkinton High School, 90 Hayden Rowe, Hopkinton, MA 01748
TITLE: Foreign Language (Spanish) Teacher
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time (1.0); 2019-2020 school year; salary commensurate with experience and education
LOCATION: High School – Hopkinton, Massachusetts
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All qualified candidates
The High School Foreign Language (Spanish) Teacher provides learning experiences in Foreign Language (Spanish), guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements. The Foreign Language Teacher reports to the principal.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides learning experiences in Foreign Language (Spanish), guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement. Monitors students’ understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
2. Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
3. Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
4. Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events, and by self-generated activities that meet district expectations and the requirements for re-certification;
5. Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department, building and school district, attending all faculty and committee meetings as required, and district-wide committees as needed;
6. Other duties, as assigned.
To be considered qualified for this position, candidates must have the following:
1. Licensed, or eligible for licensure in Foreign Language (Spanish), 5-12, by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education;
2. Meets all Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education standards for Highly Qualified Teacher;
3. Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in a related field;
4. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to children and adults;
5. Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and in conformity with state certification requirements.
Contact Name: Kim Pulnik, Director of HR
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference only job posting #19-82 and your last name (as, #19-82 Jones) in the subject line, and submit:
1. Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
2. Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information;
3. Three letters of reference;
4. College transcripts; and
5. The contact information for three additional professional references.
Submit the above required information to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: this address is for application materials only. E-mail is our preferred method of application, however, if you wish to apply by mail, please send the required items to:
Human Resources (Job Vacancy #19-82)
Hopkinton Public Schools
89 Hayden Rowe
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Hopkinton Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities. The Hopkinton Public School district is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workplace. The school system’s educational philosophy and personnel goals, including the goal of equal employment opportunity, will be considered in filling all positions.