Category: Full Time;
Position Title: French Instructor
Start Date: 07/28/2023
Location: New England Conservatory of Music, 290 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115-5018
NEC is seeking a dynamic, pedagogically engaged and collegial instructor to teach introductory French to both undergraduate and graduate students in the Modern Languages department.
This is an interim, full-time faculty assignment for one year for three classes (or equivalent) per semester. Additional, paid hours may be assigned for tutoring and other language services in NEC’s Language Resource Center, depending on student demand.
● Teach a two-semester sequence of introductory French to NEC undergraduates (two sections) and NEC graduate students (one section).
● Prepare syllabus in compliance with curricular and pedagogical standards set by Department Chair and NEC’s administration
● Provide tutoring and other language services in NEC’s Language Resource Center
● Hold office hours as needed for additional/individual student assistance and discussion
● Collaborate with other Modern Languages faculty and students on special events
● Participate in faculty trainings and departmental meetings
Qualifications: ● PhD preferred, but MA considered with appropriate teaching experience
● Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in teaching French at the collegiate level
● Demonstrated, active engagement with the professional community outside of NEC, e.g. through scholarship and research, involvement with professional organizations, etc.
● Capacity to teach a diverse student body with sensitivity and cultural responsiveness; experience with antiracist, trauma-informed and/or accessible pedagogy preferred
● Dedication to educating whole persons equipped with the critical thinking, reading, writing, interpersonal, and collaborative skills that students will need to have successful professional careers, both in and outside of music.
● Exceptional judgment, discretion, and integrity when working with students, faculty, and staff in an educational environment
● Understanding of and commitment to NEC’s values of cultural equity and belonging
● Ability to communicate effectively with students, other faculty, and staff
● Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
● Experience as a musician and knowledge of musical repertoire preferred, but not required
35 Hour Work Week
Retirement Savings Account
Contact Name: Megan Barrett
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: To apply, please visit the job posting at: https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/newenglandconservatoryofmusic