Category: Full Time, Temporary;
Position Title: High School French Teacher
Start Date: 12/10/2019
End Date: 04/04/2020
Location: Boston Collegiate Charter School; 11 Mayhew Street, Dorchester, MA
BCCS was founded in 1998 with a simple yet ambitious mission: to prepare each student for college. We have grown from 120 students in grades 5 through 7 to 700 students in grades 5 through 12.
– 100% of BCCS’s graduating classes have been accepted to college. The majority of our students will be the first in their families to earn college degrees.
– In 2018, 95% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 10th grade ELA MCAS exam, compared with the Massachusetts state average of 90%; 92% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 10th grade Math MCAS, compared with the Massachusetts state average of 78%. Additionally, 94% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 9th grade Physics MCAS exam.
– The school accepts students by random public lottery from a waiting list of over 1,700 students.
We are looking for a smart, problem-solving, self-reflective, and passionate PARENTAL LEAVE FRENCH TEACHER who wants to be part of a dynamic team to help continue to BUILD a school and to SHAPE its future direction. Our teachers:
– believe we must all do whatever it takes to ensure all students are not only accepted to college but graduate successfully from college;
– believe in measuring student academic achievement in tangible ways;
– believe that data should drive instruction and that curriculum should be based on clear and rigorous standards;
– believe in reflecting on their performance with the desire and humility to grow in and improve upon their craft in the interest of student achievement;
– believe in having the highest expectations for all students and not making excuses for them, the school, or staff;
– believe that students, families, teachers, and school leaders should be held strictly accountable for their work;
– believe in building a positive school culture where respect, enthusiasm, effort, achievement, perseverance, community, and hard work are valued; and
– believe that for every problem, there is a solution, and that if we can’t find the answer immediately, we simply work longer, harder, and smarter.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate mastery of subject knowledge, a proven ability to manage a classroom, the desire and ability to work up to the standards of a high-performing team, and an entrepreneurial spirit and approach to teaching and school reform. Ideally, candidates will have prior experience in an urban school.
To apply, please visit https://www.bostoncollegiate.org/careers/. No telephone or email inquiries, please.
More information about Boston Collegiate Charter School may be found at www.bostoncollegiate.org.
Boston Collegiate is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. Boston Collegiate is committed to building a supportive and inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of Boston.
Contact Name: Amanda Kay Loring
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org