Category: Full Time;
Position Title: High School French Teacher
Start Date: 01/22/2019
Location: Salem High School, Salem Massachusetts
Salem High School seeks a highly qualified French teacher who has native or near-native fluency and a passion for teaching students at all levels of French. Near-native speakers should have experience studying, working and/or teaching abroad. Prospective candidates must have not only the knowledge, but also the capacity to design and implement effective, student-centered high school world language curriculum units. The position consists of teaching several sections of beginning to intermediate French classes to Grades 9-12 and working collaboratively within a growing World Language Department.
We seek a dynamic professional who will bring inclusive, differentiated, and purposeful standards-based instruction to the world language classroom. Applicants must be effective communicators who can articulate what they believe to be the essential ingredients of quality world language instruction. They must be able to deliver lessons in the target language that meet the academic and social-emotional needs of all learners. Successful applicants will be self-starters, skilled at implementing instructional units and Integrated Performance Assessments informed by the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines and 2017 NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements, 21st Century Skills, Understanding By Design (UbD), and the essential design elements of Project-Based Learning (PBL). Candidates must be comfortable using and implementing a variety of technologies into their practice. Experience with the Seal of Biliteracy, curriculum development, and teaching native and heritage Francophone students a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess an unwavering belief in the power of school communities to make a difference in the lives of children. This individual will work under the general supervision of the principals and assistant principals of the Salem High School as well as the District Director for English Language Learning and Bilingual Education. She/he will be evaluated following the professional standards articulated in the Massachusetts Teacher Rubric.
Qualifications: * Bachelor’s Degree (Required); Masters Degree preferred;
* Massachusetts teaching certification/licensure in French (5-12 Required; additional certification PreK-6 preferred)
* Three to five years experience teaching French
* Additional certification in Spanish, English as a Second Language and/or Special Education preferred
* Fully bilingual and biliterate; fluency in written and spoken French and English (Required)
* Experience working in an urban public school setting preferred;
* Deep knowledge of principles of language instruction for native and non-native speakers including ACTFL proficiency guidelines;
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a professional learning community;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with families, community members and colleagues;
* Demonstrated ability to meet the expectations of the Massachusetts Standards and Indicators of Effective Teaching Practice; and
* Current authorization to work in the United States.
Contact Name: Adriana Thomas
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3034756