Position Title: High School Summer Abroad Program Leader
To apply to this position, please start your application at www.ciee.org/programleaders
Interested in shaping the global leaders of tomorrow? Next summer, experience the job of a lifetime!
We’re looking for experienced and enthusiastic U.S. high school teachers, counselors, coaches, and global travel enthusiasts to lead our high school participants through their summer abroad experiences in 35+ global locations.
This fun, summer job for teachers and other professionals happens between June and August and can last 3 to 4 weeks. If you believe that studying abroad brings people closer together and want to help high school students safely experience the world as their mentor and leader, apply now at www.ciee.org/programleaders!
Primary Responsibilities of Program Leaders:
• Support participants 24/7 for the duration of the program. Counsel them on homesickness and culture shock, facilitate thoughtful discussion and reflection, and share your enthusiasm for the local language/culture/program topic.
• Cultivate a positive group dynamic and help participants connect with peers from diverse backgrounds. Support interpersonal development.
• Manage participants’ behavioral and academic issues. Report all medical or behavioral incidents to local CIEE center staff with detailed documentation within 24 hours. Report any serious concerns immediately.
• Assist local CIEE center staff with program logistics, group management and other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
• Collaborate with co-leaders to publish weekly blog posts for the high school summer abroad blog for the duration of the program.
• Complete an online training course (5-6 hours estimated to complete) and attend 4-5 virtual training sessions held in late April or early May. (Dates TBD)
• Chaperone the group flights for U.S.-based participants traveling to and from program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
• $400/week for your 1st year
• $450/week for your 2nd year
• $500/week for your 3rd year and beyond
• Receive a referral bonus for every new program leader you refer to CIEE and who travels on a Global Navigator program. $75 for Thematic Programs and $125 for Language and Culture Programs, except Spanish.
• Round-trip airfare to the program (ground transport, meals, one checked bag)
• Full room and board for the duration of the program
• Red Cross CPR and First Aid training (if you are not currently certified)
• iNext International Travel and Health Insurance (for US based PLs only)
• Visa fees where necessary
• Vaccinations required by embassy to apply for a visa to the program location where necessary
To apply to this position, please start your application at www.ciee.org/programleaders. More information about the role, program dates, and FAQs can also be found at www.ciee.org/programleaders
Qualifications: • Experience working with high school students in a leadership position required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Passport valid through February 2025. CIEE will cover the cost of visas where necessary but cannot reimburse passport fees.
• Authorization to work lawfully in the United States.
• Due to Federal Regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: To apply to this position, please start your application at www.ciee.org/programleaders. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org