Category: Full Time;
Position Title: HS Spanish Teacher
Start Date: 08/29/2022
Location: Ayer Shirley Regional High School; 141 Washington Street Ayer MA 01432
The Ayer Shirley Regional School District is seeking a dynamic High School Spanish Teacher. The primary responsibilities of the educator will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Conducting classes for novice and intermediate Spanish speakers (levels 1 &2)
– Interacts in a professional manner with students and parents.
– Is available to students and parents for conferences according to system policies.
– Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications.
– Maintains confidentiality of students and student records.
– Works cooperatively with school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
– Models correct use of language, oral and written.
– Demonstrates accurate and up-to-date knowledge of content.
– Complies with the school system, state administrative regulations, and school committee policies.
– Conducts assigned classes at the times scheduled.
– Enforces regulations concerning student conduct and discipline.
– Provides adequate information, plans, and materials for substitute teachers.
– Implements designated curriculum.
– Maintains accurate, complete, and appropriate records and files report promptly.
– Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to school policy.
– Complies with conditions as stated in the contract.
– Acts in a professional manner and assumes responsibility for the total school program, its safety, and good order.
– Takes precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree is required at a minimum
A valid Massachusetts Teaching License in Foreign Language (Spanish) 5-12 required
Contact Name: Spencer Christie
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please email Mr. Christie, building principal, with any interest for the position.