Position Title: Japanese Language & Culture Program Leader for CIEE High School Summer Abroad Program (Tokyo or Kyoto, Japan)
Start Date: 06/11/2023
End Date: 08/05/2023
Location: Tokyo, Japan and Kyoto, Japan
Are you interested in playing an essential role in shaping the global leaders of tomorrow? Do you believe that studying abroad changes lives for the better and brings people closer together? If so, we encourage you to apply for this fun seasonal position!
The Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) is looking for experienced and enthusiastic teachers, counselors, and coaches to lead our high school participants through their summer study abroad experiences around the world. Global Navigator High School Summer Abroad programs are three to four weeks long and operated by CIEE Centers in one of 30 international locations. Session 1 dates: 6/11/2023 – 7/8/2023. Session 2 dates: 7/9/2023 – 8/5/2023 In your application you will indicate if you are available for Session 1, Session 2, or both sessions.
Primary Responsibilities of Program Leaders:
• Support our participants 24/7 for the duration of the program by counseling them on homesickness and culture shock, facilitating thoughtful discussion and reflection about their experience, sharing your enthusiasm for the local language/culture/program subject, and supervising and participating alongside them during activities and excursions.
• Meet participants at gateway airports and chaperone the group flight to and from the program location. Provide participant support in the case of flight delays and cancellations, as required by CIEE.
• Report all medical or behavioral incidents to CIEE Center Staff with detailed documentation within 24 hours. Immediately report any serious concerns.
• Assist CIEE Center Staff with program logistics, group management and other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
• Complete an online training course (15-20 hours for language programs, 10-15 hours for all other program themes) and attend 4-5 virtual training sessions held in late April or early May. (Dates TBD)
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
• $400/week for your 1st year
• $450/week for your 2nd year
• $500/week for your 3rd year and beyond
• Receive a referral bonus for every new program leader you refer to CIEE and who travels on a Global Navigator program. $75 for Thematic Programs and $125 for Language and Culture Programs, except Spanish.
• Round-trip airfare to the program (ground transport, meals, one checked bag)
• Full room and board for the duration of the program
• Red Cross CPR and First Aid training (if you are not currently certified)
• iNext International Travel and Health Insurance (for US based PLs only)
• Visa fees where necessary
• Vaccinations required by embassy to apply for a visa to the program location.
CIEE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CIEE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CIEE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CIEE’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Qualifications: General Requirements
• Experience working with high school students in a leadership position required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree is a plus.
• Passport valid through February 2024. CIEE will cover the cost of visas where necessary but cannot reimburse passport fees.
• Authorization to work lawfully in the United States.
• Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
• Due to Federal Regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Contact Name: Emily Goeltz
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: To apply to this position, please start your application at www.ciee.org/programleaders