Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Language Teaching Fellow
Start Date: 08/22/2021
End Date: 06/30/2022
Location: Marlborough, MA
The Teaching Fellow is a Dartmouth College employee, directly supported and mentored by Dartmouth’s Rassias Center and immersed at New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) with school roles and responsibilities the same as NEIA faculty members. The Teaching Fellow will teach language programs for day and boarding students enrolled at NEIA.
This is an academic year position from mid-August through June, located at the brand new New England Innovation Academy in Marlborough, Massachusetts. https://neiacademy.org/
This is a term position, which may be renewed annually for subsequent academic terms based on programmatic needs and performance.
Full-time residency at NEIA as a “dorm parent” is required.
Please see complete details and application instructions at https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/58764
More information about Dartmouth’s Rassias Center for World Languages and Cultures: https://rassias.dartmouth.edu/
Qualifications: * Bachelor’s degree.
• Fluency in language(s) of hire (Mandarin or Spanish).
* Committed to understanding and working within the philosophy of NEIA, Dartmouth College, and the Rassias Center.
* Familiarity with the Rassias Method®.
* Experience mentoring/teaching middle or high school age youth (e.g. camp counseling, trip leading, tutoring, volunteering).
* Ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial academic environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, equity, honesty, and personal accountability at all times.
* Ability to efficiently and effectively manage the time of self and others.
* Willingness and ability to live in a dorm on the same floor with students and to serve as a dorm parent performing all associated duties.
* Proficiency or ability to develop proficiency in educational technology.
* Demonstrated ability to create a welcoming and supportive community for a diverse study body.
• Direct experience of the Rassias Method as a student or instructor (teaching assistant).
* Special talent(s) that will benefit the NEIA community.
Language/Languages: Spanish and Mandarin
Contact Name: James L. Citron
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please see complete job description and application link at https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/58764