Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Latin Teacher, Grades 6-8
Start Date: 08/25/2023
End Date: 06/30/2024
Location: Cyrus Peirce Middle School, Nantucket Public Schools
The Latin teacher will have the primary responsibility for planning, programming, and teaching Latin in alignment with the Middle school curricular objectives. Additionally, the teacher will be responsible for evaluating and reporting for all students in his or her classes.
We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Latin Teacher to join our faculty. Our ideal candidate can speak and write fluently in Latin and can get students excited about learning the language in the classroom. You will develop a well-rounded curriculum that enables students to read and write in Latin, as well as speak both formally and conversationally. Cultural studies should be integrated throughout the curriculum to give students perspective on the history and development of the language.
– Teach students the Latin language, including grammar and vocabulary
– Design lesson plans
– Assign coursework and administer tests
– Grade assignments
– Incorporate classroom learning activities
– Follow all school policies
– Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
– Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
– Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments, etc.)
– Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
– Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
– Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
– Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
– Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse, etc.
– Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, etc.
Qualifications: World Language – Latin. Teaching position requires a BA or BS, MA certification or the ability to be certified in MA.
***Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Contact Name: Eillen Taveras, HR Specialist
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please apply through SchoolSpring.com (Job ID: 4353463) or email application materials to Dr. Elizabeth Hallett, Superintndent of Schools, at email@example.com.