Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Middle School Academy Latin Teacher
Start Date: 09/01/2019
End Date: 06/30/2020
Location: St. Mary of the Annunciation School Danvers
St. Mary of the Annunciation School, is looking for a part-time, talented Latin Teacher for grades 6, 7 & 8 in its Middle School Academy.. St. Mary’s is an academically rigorous and supportive PreK-8 community located in Danvers, MA. St. Mary’s is dedicated to creating a positive environment where all students can strive for and achieve scholarship, service and self-discipline.
• Teach 1 section each of 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Latin 3 or 4 days per week.
• Inspire and empower students to enjoy studying Latin..
• Communicate with students and families to provide feedback on student progress throughout the year.
• Amend and develop curricula as necessary to foster a student-centered learning environment.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work collegially
• Knowledge of differentiated instructional strategies
Additional responsibilities include:.
• Attending community events throughout the school year.
• Attending and contributing to meetings after the school day, including, but not limited to faculty and professional learning meetings.
Qualifications: Successful candidates possess excellent content knowledge; a passion for teaching and learning; and enthusiasm for working with students, Other desired requirements include an ability to foster positive relationships with families and colleagues.
Bachelor’s degree, 2 years’ teaching experience and familiarity of instructional technology is also preferred.
Contact Name: Sharon Burrill, Principal
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: Please email your cover letter, resume and references to Sharon Burrill, Principal: sburrill@stmaryschooldanvers.,org