Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Middle School Spanish Teacher (0.6 FTE)
Start Date: 08/29/2023
End Date: 06/14/2024
Location: Wayland Middle School
Wayland Middle School is seeking a dynamic addition to join our World Languages team, who is able to instill a love of learning Spanish in each student. The candidate should be energized by teaching two, novice-mid level, 8th grade classes and one, novice-low level of 6th grade.. We would like someone who should enjoy playing games, singing, and kinesthetic learning activities in Spanish, guided by Organic World Language. Please be familiar with the ACTFL proficiency levels and be able to integrate appropriate technology to connect the students to the teacher, to one another and to the global community. Finally, the candidate should be able to work collaboratively in and feel supported by their mentor, by a Professional Learning Community and by the grade-level team. This assignment includes two sections of 8th grade and one section of 6th grade Spanish with full benefits.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree with at least 36 semester hours in the teaching area(s) required;
2. Massachusetts licensure (or evidence of pending licensure) in one or more languages listed above;
3. Preferred candidates will be able and licensed to teach both of the languages listed above;
4. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or apprentice in this discipline;
5. Experience in a multicultural setting preferred;
6. Commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
7. The ability to demonstrate: superior knowledge of this field, effective pedagogical skills, excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the desire to maximize the learning potential of all children;
8. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position;
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Wayland Public Schools may find appropriate.
Contact Name: Klara Sands
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please apply through SchoolSpring and feel free to reach out to me directly.
Thank you for your interest,