Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Part-Time (.2) FRENCH teacher
Start Date: 08/30/2021
Location: Wayland Middle School
Wayland Middle School is seeking a dynamic addition to join our French team, who is able to instill a love of learning the language in each student. The candidate should be energized by teaching a small, novice-level, 6th grade class. We would like someone who should enjoy playing games, singing, and kinesthetic learning activities in French, guided by Organic World Language. Please be familiar with the ACTFL proficiency standards and be able to integrate appropriate technology to connect the students to the teacher, to one another and to the global community. Finally, the candidate should be able to work collaboratively in and feel supported by a Professional Learning Community and 6th grade team.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree with at least 36 semester hours in the teaching area(s) required;
2. Massachusetts licensure (or evidence of pending licensure) in one or more languages listed above;
3. Preferred candidates will be able and licensed to teach both of the languages listed above;
4. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or apprentice in this discipline;
5. Experience in a multicultural setting preferred;
6. Commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
7. The ability to demonstrate: superior knowledge of this field, effective pedagogical skills, excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the desire to maximize the learning potential of all children;
8. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position;
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Wayland Public Schools may find appropriate.
Contact Name: Klara Sands
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please apply on SchoolSpring linked to our Wayland District website.