Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Part-Time (.4) Foreign Language (French) Teacher
Start Date: 08/30/2021
Location: Hopkinton High School, 90 Hayden Rowe St., Hopkinton, MA
TITLE: Foreign Language (French) Teacher
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time (.4); 2021-2022 school year; salary commensurate with experience and education
LOCATION: High School, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All qualified candidates
The Foreign Language (French) Teacher provides learning experiences in Foreign Language, guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides learning experiences in Foreign Language (French), guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement. Monitors students’ understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
2. Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
3. Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
4. Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events, and by self-generated activities that meet district expectations and the requirements for re-certification;
5. Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department, building and school district, attending all faculty and committee meetings as required, and district-wide committees as needed;
6. Other duties, as assigned.
To be considered qualified for the position of Foreign Language (French) Teacher, candidates must have/be:
1. Licensed, or eligible for licensure in Foreign Language (French) in the assigned grades by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, to include Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) endorsement;
2. Meets all Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education standards for Highly Qualified Teacher;
3. Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in a related field;
4. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to children and adults;
5. Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and in conformity with state certification requirements.
Contact Name: Kim Pulnik, Director of HR
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Online is our preferred method of application:
However, if you wish to apply by mail, please download and print the appropriate application form on our website: https://www.hopkinton.k12.ma.us/employment1
Send your completed application to:
Hopkinton Public Schools
89 Hayden Rowe St.
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Incomplete applications are not able to be considered.
The Hopkinton Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities. The Hopkinton Public School district is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workplace. The school system’s educational philosophy and personnel goals, including the goal of equal employment opportunity, will be considered in filling all positions.