Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Part-Time German Teacher, High School Position
Start Date: 09/01/2021
Location: St John’s Prep, 72 Spring St, Danvers, MA 01923
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good
in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 80 communities.
St. John’s seeks to hire a part-time German teacher for the High School (grades 9 through 12). The ideal candidate would be able to teach all levels of German language, literature, and culture. We are particularly interested in candidates with demonstrated effectiveness in teaching from a full immersion approach that includes the ACTFL “5 Cs and 3 Modes” of language and culture learning while using
technology as a vehicle for learning gains.
All members of the faculty at St. John’s are expected to give witness to our mission and to our identity as an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School. In addition to classroom teaching responsibilities, St. John’s encourages all members of the faculty to be involved in the life of the school beyond the classroom. The school offers a wide range of co-curricular, intramural and interscholastic programs.
• Content Expertise: Has experience teaching German language, literature, and culture with a global perspective in mind.
• Communication Skills: Communicates consistently and effectively with parents, students, and colleagues.
• Inclusive Mindset: Commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, communication, and curricular decisions.
• Student-Centeredness: Must display a deep appreciation for studentcentered, engaging, and innovative teaching practices.
• Collegiality: Each teacher regularly collaborates with colleagues concerning best practice in an effort to meet the learning needs of all students.
• Value-Add Orientation: Must be a self-directed individual who is solution oriented, embraces challenges, and displays a thorough work ethic. Shows a commitment to school-wide initiatives, campus involvement, committee work, and professional development.
• Enthusiastic: Finds joy in their work, a balanced perspective and enthusiasm for the daily experiences of school life.
• Collaboratively develop curricula and implement engaging lessons that incorporate a range of authentic learning approaches in the target language with varied content to both support and challenge diverse learners to reach their fullest potential.
• Value and excel at interdisciplinary learning through technology, and place a strong emphasis on holistic language learning utilizing grammar, vocabulary development, reading, and writing.
• Thrive as a dual-purpose instructor – teaching academic content, but also focusing on the whole student – building enduring personal relationships and helping them find teachable moments related to habits of mind and character.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of teaching experience in a 9-12 World Language program (or applicable practicum experience).
• A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in German education, language and/or literature.
• Native or near native fluency in German is required.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, at
email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Contact Name: Tracii Schaeublin
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org