Requirements for Session Presenters
- All conference attendees, including session presenters, are required to be MAFLA members and to register for the Conference.
- A session with more than one presenter must designate the main presenter with whom MAFLA will communicate information and who will forward information to the co-presenters. Up to two additional presenters can be named.
- Sessions and workshops are organized in Categories to help people bundle their PDPs and follow sessions of the particular language or pedagogical topic of interest.
- Audio-Visual Needs: There will be a screen and an LCD projector, or a large screen TV, and Internet access in every room. Presenters should bring their own laptops and connecting cables.
- Bio: You will be asked to provide a short description of your professional background in 50 words or less.
- Please provide a ten-word-or-fewer title, in English, for your Session.
- Write a description in English that will serve as the abstract of your session (90 words). Please write your title and abstract in English even if you intend to present in the target language, though you can use pertinent expressions or book titles in the target language. The abstract should contain information about the topics and methods of delivery of your session or workshop. It should serve as an overview to entice attendees to attend your session. The Conference Team reserves the right to edit abstracts and/or titles for clarity.
- Presentations should engage the audience through hands-on or interactive activities when possible.
- Please review the linked RUBRIC to know how the committee will evaluate your session.
- Each presenter is responsible for uploading any handouts for session attendees to access either prior to the conference or immediately following. MAFLA will advise presenters in advance of the room capacity.
- Deadline for submission of Session Proposals: April 12, 2024
- Exhibitor sessions submissions Deadline: June 1, 2024
If you have read and understand the directions on this form, click on the "AGREE" button below to be taken to the Proposal Submission Form. If you are unsure or have questions please email the Conference Chair for help.