Want to Join the Seal Movement? Steps to Follow:
- Read the DESE Seal of Biliteracy Guidance Document which describes the parameters and administration of the Seal of Biliteracy (requiring Intermediate High in the partner language) and the Seal of Biliteracy with Distinction (requiring Advanced Low in the partner language).
- The Language Opportunity Coalition (LOC) is a collaboration between MaFLA, MABENE and MATSOL. The LOC is still supporting the Seal process! Check out the NEW LOC MA Seal Website.
- Read the NEW LOC Guidance Document.
- Join the LOC Google Group, which is a continued collaboration of now more than 200 members representing districts across the state in the variety of levels, languages and program types exemplified in the Pilot to receive updates, participate in our quarterly meetings and be able to ask questions.
- Read the FAQs on how to implement both the DESE and the LOC Seal awards in your district to foster lifelong learning over the course of your program!
- Read the Seal Updates in the MaFLA Newsletters going back more than five years!
- Use this summary MA Seal of Biliteracy Seal Flier
Contact Nicole Sherf with any questions!