Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish teacher
Start Date: 07/01/2020
Location: Brooks School North Andover, MA 01845
Brooks School seeks candidates for the position of Teacher of Spanish. This appointment will be effective July 1, 2020. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with résumé/CV and a statement of teaching philosophy.
The mission of Brooks School is to provide the most meaningful educational experience to our students. At Brooks, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We strive to be a place where a diverse group of faculty and staff want to learn, grow, and do their best work in an effort to support all aspects of a Brooks student’s life, both in and out of the classroom. Our school thrives because of their hard work, initiative, dedication and compassion.
A full-time teaching position includes teaching four sections, coaching two sports/activities, residential, and community responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have:
● Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching from a full immersion approach that includes reading, writing, speaking, listening, and culture
● Ability to use technology as a vehicle for learning gains
● Apply engaging and innovative student centered teaching practices
● Work collaboratively with the members of the department
● Self-directed with a strong work ethic
● Committed to school-wide initiatives, campus involvement, and the lives of our students outside of the classroom
● A sense of humor and patience and empathy for adolescents
Excellent communication skills
● Teaching four sections of Spanish, which may include any of the following courses: Introductory, advanced, AP Spanish Language and Culture, and AP Spanish Literature and Culture.
● Advising four-six students
● Serve as dorm parent with related duties
● Coach or the equivalent of two seasons in the afternoon program
● Innovative teaching practices and a focus on skills-centered learning
● Interest and practice of using technology for instruction
● Native or near native fluency in Spanish
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within the department to enhance our curriculum
● Bachelor’s degree required in Spanish education, literature and/or culture; Master’s degree preferred
● Minimum of 1-3 years of teaching experience in a 9-12 world language program (or applicable practicum experience)
● Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
● Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
● Strong writing skills
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
● The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Language/Languages: Native speaker preferred
Contact Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: https://www.brooksschool.org/about/employment