Category: Part Time;
Position Title: Spanish Teacher
Start Date: 09/01/2023
Location: Nashoba Brooks School
Part-time Spanish Teacher
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The School is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” Nashoba Brooks believes that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School educates children for a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world. The School nurtures students’ growth and character, while fostering the development of each child’s personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks a part-time Spanish teacher for the 2023-2024 academic year. This position is responsible for teaching Spanish classes and is part of a World Languages Department. Candidates for this position will demonstrate a passion for teaching young children, as well as a deep understanding of the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of elementary and middle school aged children. The successful candidate will possess the desire to work in a dynamic, student-centered school committed to continuous learning and excellence in 21st century education. A teacher at Nashoba Brooks models the mission of the School to create a student-centered, mission-driven learning environment for students.
Nashoba Brooks teachers:
– Work closely with teaching and administrative employees to support the educational, social and emotional development of students.
– Communicate proactively and effectively with students and parents, including writing individualized student reports, and participating in parent/teacher conferences.
– Participate as an active member of teaching teams to support curriculum development and integration.
– Work collaboratively with members of the teaching and student support teams to identify and address student learning needs.
– Model excellent problem solving and project management skills with a commitment to viewing challenges as problems that can be solved rather than obstacles that cannot be overcome.
– Support effective communication and collaboration within the teaching teams.
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
– Excellent knowledge of teaching Spanish to early elementary and middle school aged children.
– Excellence in integrated curriculum development, lesson planning, technology integration, and formative use of student assessments.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, including: an ability to write detailed comments on students’ progress reports, including the ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully and constructively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
– An ability to effectively differentiate curriculum to teach students with diverse learning styles.
– Proactive teacher-parent interaction and communication.
– A proven track record of efficient project management and problem solving skills with the ability to initiate and complete multiple tasks, independently or collaboratively, as required.
– Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
– Bachelor’s degree with significant coursework in Spanish and education; master’s degree preferred.
– Minimum of three years of experience in elementary through middle school teaching.
– Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Contact Name: Joan McCarthy
Contact email for questions: email@example.com
Application Instructions: Application Process
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Kaitlyn McHugh, Assistant Head of Middle School