Category: Full Time;
Position Title: Spanish teacher
Start Date: 08/23/2021
End Date: 06/15/2022
Location: Malden, Ma
Malden Catholic, a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored Codivisional High School for young men and women, seeks a candidate for a Spanish teaching position for the 2021-2022 school year. Master’s degree in field (or working towards) preferred.
• Willingness to support Catholic mission of the School.
• Content Area Competency and Excellence
• Classroom Management Skills
• Verbal Communication & Presentation Skills
• Self-Motivation, Flexibility, and Ability to Motivate Students
Candidates should have the competency and passion to engage every student in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, as well as a desire to become an active and collegial member of an adult community of learners.
• Teaches 5 periods, courses as assigned.
• Models the Catholic values of the School.
• Inspires, promotes, and nurtures the secondary level education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and assessing academic efforts.
• Provides a safe classroom environment conducive to learning and attentive to varied learning styles.
• Keeps parents informed of student progress.
Malden Catholic encourages all members of the faculty, in addition to teaching, to be involved in the life of the school beyond the classroom, supporting the wide range of co-curricular, intramural, and interscholastic programs we offer.
The purpose of the Foreign Language Department is to develop the students’ ability to comprehend and communicate effectively in the three languages that we offer: Spanish, Italian, and Latin. Proficiency in the written, oral, aural, and reading dimensions of the target languages are combined with an awareness of and an appreciation for the culture of the countries in which they are spoken.
Malden Catholic, located seven miles north of Boston, has a male enrollment of 400, Grades 9-12, and a female enrollment of 350, Grades 9–12, drawing from over 40 communities. Classes are single gender.
For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit our website at www.maldencatholic.org.
Interested candidates, please provide electronically cover letter, resume, college transcript (unofficial), and 2 letters of recommendation to
Rose Maria Redman, Principal at email@example.com.
Position Posted: May 20, 2021. Open until filled.
Contact Name: Rose Maria Redman
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org