Category: Full Time, Temporary;
Position Title: SPANISH TEACHER (LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE)
Start Date: 10/01/2020
End Date: 01/01/2021
Location: Triton High School, Byfield, Ma
Triton High School is searching for a dynamic Spanish teacher committed to developing a proficiency-based curriculum. We are looking to utilize this approach to engage students in meaningful learning opportunities that highlight the use of language and provide real-world opportunities. We currently offer multiple immersion opportunities for students through travel and exchange programs to allow for greater depth of understanding.
Triton is seeking an educator with a deep understanding of the perspectives, practices, and products of the cultures associate with the target languages being taught. Educators strive to develop students’ advanced proficiency. triton has a clear understanding and desire to develop curriculum in accordance with the MAFLA and ACTFL learning standards.
The successful candidate will have a belief in the immersion philosophy of teaching languages and will articulate a vision for furthering a proficiency-based approach at the high school level. The successful candidate will build rapport with students, parents, and families so that each group knows the teacher is fully invested in their success. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and creative in their approach to working with students.
Qualifications: Job Expectations:
1. Teaches knowledge and skills in Spanish to students, utilizing the school department’s curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Provides the instruction and a learning environment that enables each student to master appropriate to age, grade level, and individual capacity;
3. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the Triton Regional school district;
4. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with ACTFL guidelines.
5. Provides learning experiences that develop the basic communication skills, utilizing electronic equipment and technology, as appropriate.
6. Provides individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students and to accommodate circumstances where a variety of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities are being worked on simultaneously.
7. Has an understanding and working knowledge of hybrid/blended/remote learning and potentially an ESL background to teach conversational Spanish.
8. Is prepared to teach High School Spanish levels 1,2, and 4.
To apply, please send letter of interest, resume, three professional letters of reference and proof of Massachusetts Certification to:
Mr. Patrick Kelley
Triton High School
112 Elm Street
Byfield, MA 01922
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Contact Name: Patrick Kelley, Triton High School Principal
Contact email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please apply for this job via School Spring: https://www.tritonschools.org/faculty-staff/employment-opportunities/